Adventures in Babysitting

Stories from the Olson family

Sunday, September 26, 2010

Crises x4 averted?

So the other night I was flying solo with the kids. And by that I mean Travis was not home and there was mass chaos at our house. "Oh I'm sure it wasn't that bad" is what you might be thinking, but oh, it wasn't good.

After we finished our supper of oatmeal and chicken quesadillas, the kids were playing contentedly and I decided to take this opportunity to send out an email that I hadn't gotten to.

3 minutes. This was the amount of time/peace/independence that was felt in our house before chaos ensued. Maddie informs me that she peed in her "pannies" in the middle of a bunch of toys. I sweep her up and head for the bathroom, Spock and Kirk sweep in on her spot. "SPOCK! KIRK! Jason, quick get the boys outside!" Jason: "SPOCK! KIRK! GET OUTSIDE!" Crisis #1 averted.

Upon arriving in the bathroom, I discovered Maddie had done more than just "pee" in her "pannies." Into the bathtub she goes, and I rinse, wipe, yada yada yada, then flush. Water rises. Water keeps rising, fear sets in, questions rush my mind, should I grab the plunger, is it gonna overflow? NOT NOW! Too much going wrong! I grab plunger and plunge, but those things never work right, it flips inside itself, I"m quietly cursing Trav in his absence, but finally all goes down. Crisis #2 averted.

After that I didn't even try to motivate clean up, we just skipped right to movie night.

I am very thankful for my babies' daddy. I think M & J are too.

1 comment:

  1. Oh dear...have I ever been in those shoes. And WHAT IS WITH THOSE FREAKING PLUNGERS!?!?!? I hate them.

    ReplyDelete

Leave a word or two (or maybe 15 or 28)!