Adventures in Babysitting

Stories from the Olson family

Monday, July 4, 2011

You again?

Weeds really are the party crashers of the garden world. No one wants them there, not the host (me) or the invited guests (watermelon, bell peppers, green beans...). But they are really unaware that they don't belong. Weeds have difficulty with social cues, if I've hostily taken you out 3, 4, oh 8 times this summer already, you'd think they'd take a hint and find a gated community that welcomes them, not my little gated community (garden) that has informed the bouncer to throw them out.

But I do say, I admire their resilience, they just keep on coming back. Well lemme tell you something weeds, I'm pretty stubborn too, so keep bringing it on!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave a word or two (or maybe 15 or 28)!