Adventures in Babysitting

Stories from the Olson family

Thursday, July 15, 2010

Daddy's Turn

So tonight was Trav's night to brush teeth (the kids' I mean). Let me set this up:

9:47 pm. After swimming for 1 1/2 hours. No naps. I repeat no naps.

This is the exchange I hear between Trav & Maddie in the bathroom:

Trav: "Maddie, open your mouth."
Mads: "NO! Mommy will do it!"
Trav: This time more stern, less patient, "Maddie, open your mouth, it's time to brush your teeth."
Mads: "I'm not brushing my teeth!"
Trav: "Fine. I'm done."

Maddie runs out, Trav finishes up Jason.

Maddie to Me: "I didn't brush my teeth."
Trav emerges minutes later: "I didn't do as thorough a job with Maddie..."

I love that I have a husband who helps with the kidos. He does dishes too. And he makes the best quesadillas. And sandwiches. And bbq'd pizza.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave a word or two (or maybe 15 or 28)!