Adventures in Babysitting

Stories from the Olson family

Monday, May 31, 2010

Happy Birthday to Me

This month I celebrated my 34th birthday. I cannot believe I'm 34. I don't feel 34. I don't look 34? (Don't answer that.)
Anywho, my birthday came and I have so much to be thankful for. The Good Lord has blessed me with a wonderful, witty, sometimes not-so-charming husband who cooks, repairs toilets, washers, and super hero heads (but fumbles through diaper changes after almost 4 years of practice! But he DOES change them), 2 beautifully amazingly perfect children with impressive vocabularies, excellent appetites, and who are 100% Mamma's Babies, a brother who is my friend, my family, there's not really a word to describe what he means to me and to us, a mom and a dad who would drop anything and everything to do what we need, a successful career, a humble home, 2 dogs, a high maintenance cat,an abundance of fun and reliable friends, and a partridge in a...
One of my thoughts was, "Wow, I'm lucky." But not really. Luck has nothing to do with it. The Good Lord has blessed me, yes, and I've made lots of decision, put up a lot of elbow grease and hard work to get where I am. I'm so proud of what I have and of who I have around me. Happy Birthday!

1 comment:

  1. Beautifully written, beautiful life. HAPPY BIRTHDAY Amber!!

    ReplyDelete

Leave a word or two (or maybe 15 or 28)!