Adventures in Babysitting

Stories from the Olson family

Wednesday, June 9, 2010

Got Floss?

I didn't floss tonight. I'm only writing because flossing was one of my new year's resolutions. That's how perfect my life is. The only thing I could think to improve upon it is to floss regularly.
Not.
That was resolution #4. I really don't have the time/space/energy to go into the other 4, plus resolution #3 is kind of private.
I resoluted to floss nightly because researchers just keep finding all these good things about flossers. Flossers have lower incidents of heart disease. Flossers have more friends. People who floss have more followers on social networking sites. Flossers tend to buy more dental floss.
Anyway, I didn't floss. I'm still averaging about 4 times a week, I'm just wondering what the research says about non-commited flossers?
Which reminds me, pre-M & J, back when I was thin, wealthy, had lots of free time, when I lived in Florida and was flossing daily, I was at my dentist for my 6 month check up. She asked me if I was flossing regularly. I proudly announced, "Yes, every night, right before bed." To which she responded:
"That's it. Just one time a day?"
"JUST ONE TIME A DAY???" REALLY? The majority of the population doesn't floss once a day and you're on my back because I'm not flossing twice? Who has that kind of time? Even pre-children I didn't have that sort of luxury. Nevertheless, I changed dentists. I think she would be very disappointed tonight.

1 comment:

  1. I remember flossing once or twice. The novelty of it wears off quickly. I'm looking forward to Uncle Sam pulling my wisdom teeth out next month. I guess I can't go across the ocean with them in.

    I miss y'all. Hope everything is going well.

    Gorman

    ReplyDelete

Leave a word or two (or maybe 15 or 28)!